Friday 29 September 2017

Parachute Games in G1


Students in Grade 1 have started a Cooperation Games unit this week.

Together we developed a "Success Criteria" for students to know the learning targets for the lesson.

We came up with many I can statements:

                 Success Criteria

  • I can help my friends to unfold the parachute
  • I can use my hands to hold and shake the parachute
  • I can work with my friends to make a tent
  • I can listen to others while playing a parachute game
  • I can collaborate with my friends to have the balls "pop up" on the parachute
Learners went through an inquiry process by unfolding the parachute and realizing that it was upside down. 

After a few minutes, and after trying out different ideas, Grade 1 learners were able to flip the parachute, unfold it completely, and start playing with it. They learned that in order to play with the parachute, they had to work together. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment