Tuesday 3 October 2017

Why, What, How?


I like to start my lessons going over the "Why, What, How" of the day.

As a class, we look at:

- How the content links back to the development of our physical literacy "Why Are We Learning this Today?"

- What content we will be exploring in that lesson "What Are We Learning?"

- What success criteria we should set for ourselves "How Will We Know We Have Learn It?"

This process helps give purpose and meaning to each lesson. 

Last week I decided to record learners at the end of the lesson and ask them the "Why, What and How" we were learning on that day.

I made a short clip and shared it with them on the very next class.

If you'd like to see it, just watch the video below. I plan on creating more of these iMovies to document learning and help students to learn by being critical thinkers and doers.


No comments:

Post a Comment